- This event has passed.
Mindfulness at Work – This event has been cancelled*****
August 16 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm€115
Mindfulness at Work Course
This event has been cancelled*****
Develop Skills that Power Sustained Health, Wellbeing and Peak Performance
The increased external pressure workers face on a day-to-day basis as a result of a 24/7, pressured and distracted environment requires a new way of working. People need to be able to manage their mind states and develop new skills so they can negotiate with engagement, resilience and wellbeing.
Mindfulness invites participants to ‘train the mind’ just as athletes ‘build muscle’ and ‘train the body’. Attention training enables people to purposefully create internal calmness and clarity. From this solid state, they are able to respond skillfully and nimbly to ongoing changing circumstances.
The programme is experiential and highly interactive, includes exercises and meditation practices, one on one & group dialogues and journaling activities.
This workshop is ideal for both individuals looking for resources to help them cope at work, or for companies or organisations to send a group or team of people along to. The skills you will learn and the experiences you will encounter are also all transferable into your personal day to day life as well – not just your work life; it’s for all of your life!
Outcomes for Teams & Executives
· Improve focus, concentration, level-headedness, memory
· Reduce stress reactivity, irritability, conflict, anxiety, fatigue
· Catch self-defeating behaviours, develop more effective habits
· Enhance listening, empathy, kindness and collaboration
· Boost in problem-solving, ability to manage change, innovation
· Experience greater positivity, energy, overall health and wellbeing
Organisations Benefit Too!
· Costs of staff absenteeism and turnover are reduced
· Productivity, creativity and adaptability of staff are increased
· Employer / employee and client relationships are improved.
“Wonderful… Joanne’s enthusiasm and empathy encouraged full interaction from all participants. The feedback from the group was overwhelmingly positive. Highly recommend!”
One Day Mindfulness at Work – Tools to self-calm, focus, sow new habits
· Explore the mind’s tendency to distraction, negativity, judgment
· Practice tools to self-calm, focus attention, relate differently
· Recognise stress signs, negative mood patterns, biases
· Learn to be less reactive and change the brain and neural pathways
· Gain skills to enhance performance, optimism and wellbeing
“Excellent course! … I use a number of the tools to enhance my day to day life experience… I gained a lot of insight and a deep understanding of mindfulness and all its aspects. I notice that I deal differently with stressful situations and it has helped a lot with work challenges. Joanne is an excellent facilitator. She is articulate, has strong communication skills and delivered the course to the highest standard. The resources materials – handbook and guided meditations provided were excellent. I would highly recommend this course. Thank you, Joanne, for the gentle guidance, support, sensitivity, respect, enthusiasm and encouragement throughout.”
Research has shown that Mindfulness supports peoples’ health & well-being, giving them tools to navigate difficult situations with more ease; as well as build resilience for dealing with high-pressure environments. This workshop focuses on offering simple practical everyday tips that make a big difference.
Workshop Outcomes for Participants
· Understand why Mindfulness matters and committed to daily practice
· Have tools to help focus attention, manage stress/anxiety, support self
· Appreciate the importance of listening, being present in interactions
· Take time to step back, plan, prioritise activities, be discerning.
“Excellent training for individuals or groups working in a fast-paced environment. Joanne will give you tips and exercises on how you can manage stress and focus better. Highly recommended!”
“Excellent sessions giving all of our employees tools and skills. Joanne delivered the training in a friendly, enthusiastic and motivational manner. Will continue to use her services. Thank you, Joanne, and here’s some feedback from the team: ‘Session was excellent, really related to Joanne and will use the skills I’ve taken away’ ‘Brilliant Workshop, really enjoyed the exercises – can use all in my daily Job’