Retreat Team Member
The Retreat Team member will assist in delivering the Emmaus Centre’s School Retreat Programme to primary and secondary school students. This is a casual Part–Time, 9-month position.
School Retreat Programme
- Assist in the delivery of an average of 3-5 school retreats per month from September to May for primary and secondary schools as part of the School Retreat Team by leading talks, testimonies, small groups, games, music and dramas
Young Adult Ministry
- Help to facilitate and host programmes that challenge and encourage young adults to embrace and fully live their Catholic Faith such as Alpha course, Bible studies and other faith formation programmes.
Other Work at the Emmaus Centre
- There is the potential to work additional hours by assisting in the dining room, with housekeeping and with other operational duties.
Be willing to undertake any other duties commensurate with the post.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- At least 1 years’ experience working in Youth Ministry
- Academic qualification in Theology, Counseling, Youth Ministry, Education or Religious Studies preferred
- Must be a clear communicator with a proven ability to deliver retreats and talks on the Catholic faith to youth and young adults
- Must be personable and have a natural ability to lead small groups and mingle in a natural way with young people
- Must be willing to serve on a team with respect and humility
- Must have a good understanding of the Christian faith and be able to articulate this faith to others
- Must understand child protection legislation and be willing to undergo Garda Vetting and safeguarding training
- A proven ability to lead music ministry is welcomed
A competitive salary, commensurate with experience based will be offered for the role along with a pension contribution (after completion of probation).
The contract for employment will be a 9-month fixed term contract with 6 months probationary period.
About the Emmaus Centre
The Emmaus Centre welcomes people who wish to take time out to find meaning in their lives through the adventure of the spiritual search. At Emmaus, the enriching experience of personal development is facilitated through various forms of dialogue, programmes, workshops, conferences and retreats.
All applicants for this position will be Garda vetted.
Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Application closing date is July 15th, 2019.