What does the Mindfulness at Work Course cover?
Develop Skills that Power Sustained Health, Wellbeing & Peak Performance
Our Mindfulness at Work Course is a practical and experiential programme adapted specifically for a workplace context. Based on the latest neurological research, it pulls together gems from leading teachers globally.
If you are a business owner/leader, or HR manager, looking for an ideal program to help staff cope better while performing at a higher level for longer then this course is ideal. The course is ideal for ALL your staff where participants learn to reduce stress reactivity, build calm, clarity and resilience; improve focus, confidence; develop self and social awareness…
Mindfulness at Work Course Benefits
Participants gain skills:
· Improved focus, concentration and clarity
· Reduced stress reactivity and more calm & level headedness
· Increased self awareness and confidence
· Better emotion regulation and self mastery
· Enhanced listening, communication and relationship skills
· More self-supportive behaviour
· Greater positivity, optimism and motivation
· More empathy and compassion for self, colleagues and customers
· More authentic.
Mindfulness at Work Training – What the research shows?
Studies at Harvard, have shown that after just eight weeks of mindfulness training there is a significant increase in brain grey matter concentration in areas associated with sustained attention, emotional regulation and perspective taking. Mindfulness Training also increases activity in the left prefrontal cortex – a predictor of happiness and well-being as well as boosting the immune response.
The training has been conclusively proven to help with stress, anxiety, depression and addictive behaviours and has positive impacts on like hypertension, heart disease and chronic pain. In addition, Mindfulness Training improves emotional intelligence skills including self / social awareness and more awareness of environment.
Find out more about Joanne.
How the programme works:. The six / eight module sequential course can be adapted to suit your schedule. Some options include:
- One module weekly for six / eight sessions
- Two modules at a time for three/ four sessions
- Eight modules / full programme over two days / weekend.
Alternatively, specific modules can be taught over a half or full day workshop…
Programme activities include presentations, short talks, video clips, experiential exercises, meditation practice, journalling, listening /communication exercises and group discussion.
The facilitator – Joanne O’Malley has an open and authentic teaching approach which fosters enquiry and participation among participants. This builds self-reliance and the practice allows new insights to arise. When people realise their self-imposed limits, they have an opportunity to loosen negative patterns and develop new habits. In a safe environment, where sensitive issues can be addressed openly, people take responsibility for their own thinking/feeling/behaviour and master their own development.
How Mindfulness at Work translates to work environment?
Today, the increased external pressure workers face on a day to day basis as a result of an ‘always on’, information overloaded environment requires a new way of working. People need to be able to manage their mind states and develop new skills so they can consciously choose where and how attention is placed.
Mindfulness invites participants to ‘train the mind’ just as athletes ‘builds muscle’ and ‘train the body’. Being effective isn’t about ‘getting it all done’ or ‘rushing around non-stop in a distracted overwhelmed kind of way’ but being HERE, balanced and attuned to deep intelligence and wisdom.
Feedback from participants
- I’m calmer, more energetic and contented
- Enjoying my work and less tired at the end of the day
- I feel more confidence and handle challenges better
- Much better able to handle stressful situations / challenging times
- It’s easier to attend to the task in hand, I’m more productive
- A much better colleague! I listen and am more patient and understanding
- There is a much nicer atmosphere and collaboration has improved
- I’m more self aware so handle things differently, more responsible.
If you’re ready to find out more, please contact:
Head of Business Development
E: email@example.com M: 085 252 4992 T: 01 870 0050